A few weeks ago, I had a reader ask how I use medical marijuana as part of my treatment protocol for Lyme and fibromyalgia. I probably use medical marijuana a little differently than most people since I primarily use it for sleep and pain relief at bedtime.
To explain, I’ve recorded a video of my current medical marijuana protocol.
For those who prefer to read, the gist of the video is this:
- I generally don’t use medical marijuana during the day because I need to be able to function for work. On really high pain days, however, I will sometimes vape marijuana and/or take a THC capsule from my local dispensary.
- At bedtime, I use a two-step approach to getting better sleep using medical marijuana: I vape marijuana to provide pain relief and help me relax and fall asleep. Then, I take cooking hash orally in MCT oil to help me stay asleep. The vaping lasts about an hour. As the vaping is wearing off, the cooking hash is kicking in to help deepen and keep me asleep for several hours.
- In addition to the products I buy from my local dispensary, I also use pain-relieving lotions containing hemp CBD oil. My favorite topical products are from Resonant Botanicals.
(This section contains an affiliate link.)
- Atmos Jump Dry Herb Vape Pen
- Resonant Botanicals pain-relieving lotions – Read my previous reviews of Resonant Botanicals’ products here and here.
I’ve written several articles about using cannabis and CBD oil for fibromyalgia and chronic Lyme disease. Click here to access those articles!
Now it’s your turn: Do you use medical marijuana? Share your protocol and what works for you in the comments!