Dr. Jarred Younger from the University of Alabama at Birmingham has published results from his small trial using dextromethorphan, a common ingredient in cold medicines, as a fibromyalgia treatment.
(Note: This trial used dextromethorphan, not guaifenesin, another common cold medicine ingredient that’s also been tested in those with fibromyalgia.)
EntomologyToday.com: CDC reveals distribution of Lyme disease-causing bacteria by county
From the article: “A team of CDC researchers recently constructed the first map to reveal county-level distribution of host-seeking vector ticks carrying the bacteria that causes Lyme disease. The team from the Bacterial Diseases Branch of the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases reported their findings this month in the Journal of Medical Entomology.”
Wow, Tryp Therapeutics is developing a potential fibromyalgia drug using psychedelics!
From the article: “Disulfram is a breakthrough because it is one of only two or three medications that are known to specifically target the slow-growth phase of Lyme that regular antibiotics do not eradicate.”
Amy B. Scher: The most important video I’ll ever do about healing (YouTube video, 9 minutes)
Author Amy Scher discusses the frustration that comes when we’re doing all the right things, but still not healing, and what to do when these feelings arise.
And an extra…
Advances in Rheumatology: Serial whole-body cryotherapy in fibromyalgia is effective and alters cytokine profiles
A small German study has found whole-body cryotherapy to be helpful for reducing pain and other fibromyalgia symptoms.
Want more news?
Adrenal Solutions Summit…
(This section contains affiliate links.)
Author Marcelle Pick is hosting the Adrenal Solutions Summit online from Feb. 1-7. The summit will cover the following, according to the event’s website:
- Understand the science behind adrenal dysfunction
- Recognize the stages of adrenal fatigue
- Use detox, diet and supplementation for adrenal health
- Resolve hormonal headaches and migraines
- Reestablish hormone balance
- Mitigate the effects of toxic mold exposure
- Incorporate long-term solutions for bone health And more!
Pick and HealthMeans are offering several free gifts with registration. Use one of the following links, and you’ll receive the free eBook as listed:
- Register and receive Marcelle Pick’s 58-page “Comprehensive Guide to Adrenal Health” eBook.
- Register and receive Pick’s 23-page “Comprehensive Guide to Resetting Your Digestive System” eBook
- Register and receive HealthMean’s “24 Tips To Improve Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis Health” eBook
- Register and receive Pick’s 32-page “Comprehensive Guide to Hormonal Balance” eBook
- Register and receive Pick’s 38-page “Comprehensive Guide to Weight Loss Resistance” eBook
Each day’s interviews will be available to watch, free and online, for 24 hours. If you miss an interview, there will be an encore weekend on Feb. 13-14 where you can watch the replays of all of the summit’s content.
However, if you’d like to watch the summit at your leisure, you can buy the recordings for as low as $59. (That price usually goes up a day or two after the summit starts.)
For those who love to read, Pick is the author of the following books:
- Are You Tired and Wired? Your Proven 30-Day Program for Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue and Feeling Fantastic (I read this book back in 2012-13 when the worst of my fibromyalgia and Lyme symptoms started. At the time, I thought I had adrenal fatigue. Alas, I had bigger problems than I realized, but the book was still helpful and worth the read.)
- Is It Me or My Hormones?
- Is It Me or My Adrenals?
- The Core Balance Diet: 4 Weeks to Boost Your Metabolism and Lose Weight for Good
A couple of the above books also are on Audible if you prefer to listen to audiobooks.