Disclosure: I was given a Healthy Line InfraMat Pro in exchange for writing this review. All opinions in this Healthy Line InfraMat Pro review are my own and were in no way influenced by the company. This post contains affiliate links.
For those of you who use heating pads, hot showers and other heated therapies to help manage fibromyalgia aches and pains, this post is for you! Over the summer, Healthy Line, a U.S.-based company specializing in heated stone mats, reached out to me and asked if I’d like to review one of their products. Yes, please!
Healthy Line generously gifted me the FullMat-JT-Mesh InfraMat Pro, a full body-size mat with 154 pieces of natural jade and tourmaline. The stones aren’t just pretty to look at – they also offer healing benefits. Here’s a quick summary of how Healthy Line’s mats work:
- As the mat warms up, it heats the stones slowly and steadily, softening sore muscles. In addition, the warm stones are very relaxing, helping to release stress and tension.
- Far infrared heat from the mat penetrates the body’s bones, joints and tissues, helping to relieve pain and inflammation.
- The negative ions released by the stones have been shown to alleviate depression, boost cells’ ability to use nutrients and remove waste, help counteract EMF radiation from computers/cell phones, boost blood flow to the brain and reduce acidity in the body.
- Photon therapy increases blood circulation and oxygen flow, and can help with pain.
- Tourmaline is believed to improve the immune, endocrine and lymphatic systems, help with insomnia and stimulate regeneration throughout the body.
- Jade is believed to have strong healing properties and ensures maximum heat transfer and penetration.
- Animals can feel the effects of the mat after a 15-20 minute session.
Overall, using a heated stone mat:
- Improves blood circulation and cell metabolism
- Reduces pain, inflammation and stiffness
- Strengthens the immune system
- Relieves insomnia
- Provides a sauna effect capable of burning up to 900 calories an hour
- Alleviates stress and improves mood
- Helps cells process waste and remove toxins faster
- Helps rejuvenate the body’s cells, tissues and systems
Prior to Healthy Line contacting me, I had read about using infrared technology for fibromyalgia and Lyme. Many in the Lyme community use infrared saunas during treatment to help with detoxing. When I started my Lyme treatment over the summer, my doctor recommended using an infrared sauna a couple of times a week. Unfortunately, the one place near my home that had one has closed.
Since I didn’t have access to a full infrared sauna, Healthy Line’s infrared mat has filled that void for me. I’ve been using the mat several times a week over the past few months, and it’s become a ritual that I look forward to, especially on days when my pain levels are higher. The mat I received is full body-size, so the heated stones touch the length of my body. I thought it would feel uncomfortable to lie on the stones, but it’s not. I cover the pad with a thin towel for hygienic reasons, and it also gives a little bit of softness and cushion between my body and the mat. The mat’s on/off controller has a timer that I can set for 3-, 6- or 12-hour sessions. I can also adjust the temperature of the mat from 70°F to 160°F, allowing me to customize my session.
I use mine on the floor, but it can also be placed on a bed or chair. Some people sleep on theirs.
I typically cover myself with a flannel blanket to seal in the heat while I’m using the mat. And then I lie there and lie there and lie there. It’s forced relaxation – something I desperately need in my life! Sometimes I use the downtime to meditate. Sometimes I catch up on YouTube videos. More often than not, I get so relaxed that I end up falling asleep on the mat.
Using the mat is very soothing and calming. When I feel stressed out, I sometimes find myself wanting to go lie on the mat for a breather. It beckons me, somehow. I know that sounds a little woo-woo, but it’s true. Like one of the bullet points mentions above, my pets are attracted to the mat, too. One night, three of my cats were trying to push me off of it so they could have it for themselves. They must have been feeling the healing effects!
The mat does help with pain. Like all fibromyalgia treatments, it doesn’t take the pain completely away – just dulls it to make it more manageable. I’ve been having horrible shin pain lately, and I’ve found myself wishing that Healthy Line made a flexible mat that I could wrap around my legs. Well, it turns out they actually make something like that! That would be heaven! Other times, I wish I could wrap my entire body in the mat! I like to rotate my position – I lie on my back and stomach for a few minutes each session – so my entire body comes in contact with the heated stones.
Because of the infrared technology, it warms my body from the inside out, if that makes sense. It feels like the heat is permeating my bones, muscles and joints – not just warming the outside of them like a regular heating pad. I’m really looking forward to using it this winter when I can’t get warm. I know it’s going to be absolutely perfect for staving away the bone-chilling cold of winter.
Healthy Line is offering FedUpwithFatigue.com’s readers a 10% discount plus free shipping on all continental U.S. orders. Just use promo code fwf10 at checkout!