Chronic Mom: What are the best medications for fibromyalgia?
My colleague Shelley from Chronic Mom provides an overview of medications commonly prescribed for fibromyalgia.
Have you found any medications helpful for reducing your fibromyalgia symptoms? Please share in the comments so we can learn from each other! Personally, I’ve had the greatest benefit from tramadol and low-dose naltrexone.
From the article: “The authors also note that locations with infection prevalence of ticks with B. burgdorferi at similar levels than found for B. miyamotoi in this study, have been associated with substantial levels of Lyme disease in humans in the area. This suggests that human infections with B. miyamotoi are much more common than previously reported, which could be further investigated using antibody assays.”
From the study: “This article indicates that CBD use is common among people with fibromyalgia, and the results suggest that many derive benefit from using CBD across multiple symptoms domains. Clinicians should discuss CBD use with fibromyalgia patients, and future studies are needed to rigorously assess CBD’s therapeutic value for fibromyalgia symptoms.”
(Read more: What you need to know about CBD oil and fibromyalgia)
(Read more: How to choose a hemp CBD oil)
LymeDisease.org: TBD Working Group releases 2020 report to Congress
From the article: “The federal Tick-Borne Disease Working Group has submitted its 2020 Report to Congress. The document is now available to the public on the Health and Human Services website.”
From the article: “A large, but flawed, recent study ‘General theory of inflammation: patient self-administration of hydrocortisone safely achieves superior control of hydrocortisone-responding disorders by matching dosage with symptom intensity’ brought cortisol and hydrocortisone to the fore. The results suggested that using low-dose hydrocortisone to reduce flares was safe and effective in both diseases and provided an opportunity to dig a bit deeper and check out what past studies have found and what some ME/CFS experts have said.”
And an extra…
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: ME/CFS patient toolkit
The CDC has released a collection of handouts to help ME/CFS patients, their families and caregivers better navigate healthcare visits.
This week on FedUpWithFatigue.com…
You might also like…
*****The sections below include affiliate links*****
New Fibromyalgia & Anxiety book…
Author Elsie Ijorogu Reed recently released her second book, “Fibromyalgia and Anxiety: An Essential Guide To Finding Relief From Fibro Pain With A Proven Natural Treatment Of Herbal Medicines.”
From the Amazon book description: “This book is inspired by Elsie Ijorogu Reed’s story on how she has lived with and managed Fibromyalgia for the past 17 years. It creates awareness of the disease and explains in simple language what Fibromyalgia is, causes, diagnosis, the treatment options available, and daily activity aids to help patients navigate their way through this ordeal. The book focuses on herbal treatment that can be used to aid and manage pain associated with Fibromyalgia.”
AIP Keto cookbook set…
The Kindle version of the Complete AIP Keto Cookbook by Connor Thompson is on sale for .99 through March 7. This set of 6 books includes the following titles: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet, The Autoimmune Diet, The Art of the Keto Diet, The Science of the Keto Diet, The Keto Meal Plan and Mastering the Keto Meal Prep.
Body Electric Summit 2.0…
Dr. Christine Schaffner is hosting the Body Electric Summit 2.0 this week through Feb. 28. The summit will cover the following, according to the event’s website:
- Meet the pioneers in exploring the Body Electric
- Explore light, sound and color therapies
- Gain an understanding of the role of advanced hydration
- Discover clinical energy medicine applications
- Learn to mediate the negative impacts of EMFs
- Access strategies to support mitochondrial health
- Learn about the connection between trauma and brain health
- Learn to harness group energy to create healing
- Advance your knowledge of biohacking, energy codes and frequency healing And so much more!
Schaffner and HealthMeans are offering several free gifts with registration. Use one of the following links, and you’ll receive the free item as listed:
- Register and receive Dr. Christine Schaffner’s eGuide, “Your Body Electric: An Introduction to Bioenergetics.” This eBook covers the basic principles of energy, frequency and vibrational healing.
- Register and receive Dr. Christine Schaffner’s eGuide, “Energy Hygiene: Healing Checklists and Practical Guidebook,” which includes energy hygiene techniques to help protect you and your family.
- Register and receive Dr. Christine Schaffner’s 20-page eGuide, “Essential Brain Hygiene,” and learn why having a daily brain hygiene practice is just as vital to your health as brushing your teeth.
- Register and receive HealthMeans’ 20-page eBook, “8 Surprising Ways Beliefs Impact Our Health,” and learn how what you believe can help support positive health outcomes.
Each day’s interviews will be available to watch, free and online, for 24 hours. If you’ve missed interviews from earlier in the week, there will be an encore weekend on March 6-7 where you can watch the replays of all of the summit’s content.
However, if you’d like to watch the summit at your leisure, you can buy the recordings for as low as $59. (That price usually goes up a day or two after the summit starts.)
Want more news?
Enter your email address into the form below, and you’ll receive FedUpWithFatigue’s weekly news posts, along with other helpful information about the latest treatments and research.